We are back with a burst of colour and festive cheer for you! As we delve into the excitement and fragrance of the roses, watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK, aired on ABC & NBC on January 1, 2024, at 8 am PT! This iconic parade, spanning 5 1/2 miles through Pasadena, California, is renowned for its vibrant floats and lively performances. Audra McDonald as Grand Marshal, The 135th Rose Parade unfolds in all its floral magnificence. As we anticipate the breathtaking display, it’s important to note that ABC coverage, the go-to channel for the event, is unavailable in the UK. The event will also be available on Peacock the next day.
Do not worry, though; we’ll explore how a VPN can be your ticket to the celebration, bringing the Rose Parade right to your screens. Join us as we unravel the floral extravaganza and the magic of this annual New Year’s tradition, making it accessible to viewers across the pond!
How To Watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK?
Can I watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK?
The 135th Rose Parade aired on ABC. However, it is worth noticing that the streaming service is US-bounded, which means it is unavailable outside the USA.
To access ABC in the UK, a good quality VPN is needed to watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK with no hassle.
Can I watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK on any UK streaming service?
There is no news of The 135th Rose Parade becoming available on any UK-based streaming platform. However, The 135th Rose Parade is available on other USA-based streaming platforms like fuboTV and YouTube TV. But both services are unavailable outside the USA due to geo-restrictions, and our UK readers can’t access fuboTV and YouTube TV without a premium VPN service.
If The 135th Rose Parade becomes available on any UK-based streaming platform, we will inform our readers promptly. However, the only option left until then is to use a premium-quality VPN to watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK.
How does a VPN work to access ABC to watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK?
ABC is an American streaming service available only within the USA. A premium-quality VPN is needed to watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK. Here’s why:
- A VPN will provide USA IP to help you access ABC while sitting in the UK.
- Eliminating geo-restriction errors that pop up while accessing ABC to watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK.
- Keep you secure from ISPs, hackers, and malware while streaming your favourite content with a VPN!
What is the subscription cost of ABC to watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK?
ABC is a free-to-air streaming service, meaning you do not need to pay anything to watch its content on the website and the app. However, for people in the UK, it still won’t be entirely free because a VPN needs to be bought to watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK on ABC.
Can I watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK for free with a free VPN?
As ABC is a free-to-air channel, you don’t have to pay any money to watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK, but using a free VPN to make it completely free is still not an option to look up to.
Free VPNs expose you to internet dangers and threats. Please remember that your privacy and security are invaluable and don’t come for free.
What’s hot on ABC: Watch Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade 2023
Why do we recommend ExpressVPN to watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK?
Let me clarify: when I endorse ExpressVPN, it’s not just empty words. As a VPN expert who firmly believes in this, I can confidently state that ExpressVPN is the top choice in the VPN market, especially for streaming through a VPN to watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK. Please take a look at my brief VPN comparison below.
89.7 Mbps download speed
84.6 Mbps upload speed
49% off & 3 months extra free in 1 Year plan
$12.95 (1 Month package), $59.95 (1 Year Package), $99.95 (2 Year Package)
88.1 Mbps download speed
83.7 Mbps upload speed
Save 83% on a two-year plan offered
$12.99 (1 Month package), $59.88 (1 Month Package), $95.76 (2 Year Package)
86.5 Mbps download speed
79.4 Mbps upload speed
60% off on a two-year plan is offered
$15.54 (1 Month Package), $47.88 (1 Year Package), $59.76 (2 Year Package)
Why choose ExpressVPN – Our Recommended VPN to Watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK
|– 20+ server locations US
– 3,000+ servers in 94+ countries.
– Data protection with AES encryption.
– Lighting bolt fast servers.
– 18% speed reduction in 2023 tests.
|✔️ Fast servers
✔️ Best device compatibility
✔️ 30-day money-back
|❌Subscription plans are slightly more expensive than others
❌ Feature-light service
Why choose NordVPN – The Biggest Server Network to Watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK
|– 5,310+ servers in 59+ countries.
– Good speed and security tools.
– Not preferred over ExpressVPN by us due to fewer simultaneous connections and poor graphic interface for Linux.
|✔️ Biggest number of servers
✔️ Accesses almost all streaming sites
✔️ Good device compatibility
|❌ Graphic User Interface not good for Linux
❌ Limited simultaneous connections
❌ No unlimited free plan
Why choose Surfshark – An Affordable VPN to Watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK
|– 3200+ servers in 100 countries.
– No-logs policy in place for complete privacy.
– Not preferred over ExpressVPN due to inconsistent compatibility with iOS devices.
|✔️ Cheaper long-term plans
✔️ Camouflage and NoBorders mode
✔️ Strong speed and security
|❌ Unsupportive to iOS split tunneling
❌ iOS product apps weaker
All About The 135th Rose Parade
When is The 135th Rose Parade?
The 135th Rose Parade, presented by Honda, aired on Monday, January 01, 2024, at 8 am PST.
Where and how to watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK?
You can watch The 135th Rose Parade in UK on ABC via a VPN. You need to use a premium VPN service because ABC is unavailable outside the USA due to geo-restrictions.
What is The Rose Parade about?
The Rose Parade, also known as the Tournament of Roses Parade, is a yearly event in Pasadena, California, celebrated on New Year’s Day. A non-profit group organizes it called the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association. The parade kicks off at 8:00 am. Pacific Time and features floats covered in flowers, marching bands, and horse riders. Later in the day, the Rose Bowl is a major college football game.
The tradition began in 1890 and has drawn crowds of spectators ever since. To help cover the expenses, the Rose Bowl football game was added in 1902. Since 2011, Honda has sponsored the parade, having the first float that aligns with the parade’s theme.
Who hosts The 135th Rose Parade?
The 135th Rose Parade was hosted by Jericka Duncan from CBS Weekend News, along with actress Gabrielle Elyse and TikTok influencer Pressley Hosbach.
- Jericka Duncan is a well-known journalist and anchor for the Sunday edition of CBS Weekend News, earning an Emmy nomination for her work.
- Gabrielle Elyse, who began her career on Disney’s Liv and Maddie and Austin & Ally, is the lead in Nickelodeon’s popular show The Thundermans and acted in the indie film Good After Bad.
- Pressley Hosbach, a 17-year-old with over 10 million social media followers, is not just an actress but also a musician, dancer, and entrepreneur. She gained fame on the reality TV series Dance Moms and recently signed a record label deal with Nickelodeon Music.
What is the theme of The 135th Rose Parade?
The 135th Rose Parade President Alex Aghajanian revealed the theme for The 135th Rose Parade: Celebrating a World of Music: The Universal Language.
What is the idea behind the theme of The 135th Rose Parade?
The idea behind the theme was that music brings people together. Music is a universal language that connects us all in a world with diverse cultures, beliefs, hopes, and dreams. The various aspects of music, such as sound, texture, rhythm, form, harmony, and expression, blend to create experiences that can move, soothe, excite, and delight people worldwide.
Who is the Grand Marshal of The 135th Rose Parade?
The Pasadena Tournament of Roses had chosen the highly acclaimed artist Audra McDonald as The 135th Rose Parade Grand Marshal. With the theme Celebrating a World of Music, Audra McDonald represented the idea that music connects people worldwide. Her impressive theatre, music, and TV career is a beautiful tribute to the universal language that brings cultures together.
McDonald’s travelled along the 1/2-mile route on Colorado Boulevard in Pasadena and later participated in the coin toss for the 110th Rose Bowl game.
The 135th Rose Parade Performance Line-Up
- “Celebrating the Year of the Dragon,” from the City of Alhambra
- “Armenian Melodies,” from the American Armenian Rose Float Association
- “Woven Together: The Dance of Life,” from OneLegacy Donate Life
- “Rhythm of the Caribbean,” from Downey Rose Float Association
- “Make a Joyful Noise Unto the Lord,” from Lutheran Hour Ministries
- The Rose Parade started with various performers, including singers like Michelle Williams and David Archuleta. You might recognize Michelle from the R&B group Destiny’s Child, and David was a finalist on American Idol in 2008.
- During their third parade, Louisiana artists Sean Ardoin, Amanda Shaw, and James Burton performed on a Mardi Gras-themed float.
- Alexander Star, an Emmy-nominated songwriter, also performed on the Visit Lauderdale float.
- The cappella group Straight No Chaser, famous for their Gold-certified hits, entertained the crowd with popular song reinterpretations on the Enjoy Illinois float.
- The parade was wrapped by Jordan Sparks, who won the 2007 season of “American Idol,” making her the youngest winner ever. Since then, she’s acted on Broadway and in the 2012 movie Sparkle and released albums that have won awards.
Marching Bands, Equestrian Groups and More
- Los Hermanos Bañuelos Charro Team, from Altadena
- Na Koa Ali’i – Hawai’i All-State Marching Band
- The Blue and Gold Marching Machine is from Greensboro, N.C.
What is the route for The 135th Rose Parade?
The 135th Rose Parade started at the Green Street and Orange Grove Blvd. intersection in Pasadena, California. It goes north on Orange Grove at a slow speed of 2 1/2 miles per hour, then turns east onto Colorado Blvd., where most people watch the parade. The parade turns north onto Sierra Madre Blvd. towards the end and ends at Villa Street.
Can a VPN be used for bypassing geo-restrictions?
One everyday use of VPNs is to access content that might be restricted to specific geographical locations. By connecting to a server in a different region, you can appear to be accessing the internet from that location, thus bypassing regional restrictions.
How do I choose a VPN provider?
Are VPNs legal?
While VPNs are undoubtedly legal in most countries, we advise you to check their legality in your region before buying them. Further, looking into the show’s specifics and VPN comparison is essential to make a wise decision.
In conclusion, the 135th Rose Parade is a vibrant spectacle with itsfive5 1/2-mile route through Pasadena. The parade’s leisurely pace and iconic turns on Orange Grove and Colorado Blvd. make it a must-watch event.
For those outside the U.S., using a VPN might be necessary to access the coverage on ABC, as it’s unavailable in the UK. So, enjoy the dazzling floats and lively performances that make the Rose Parade a festive moment!